WHAT IS COVERED
What is Covered: This warranty covers any defects in materials or workmanship of products of Fitts Industries, Inc. (the “Company”) with the exceptions noted below in “What Is Not Covered.”
How Long Coverage Lasts: This warranty runs for one year from the date of shipment of the product.
What The Company Will Do: The Company will, at its own expense and option, either repair or replace the defective product or refund the customer’s money provided that the customer has timely notified the Company and upon inspection, the Company has found such product(s) to be defective and covered by this warranty. THE CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS WARRANTY WILL BE LIMITED TO SUCH REPAIR, REPLACEMENT OR REFUND. THE COMPANY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
What Is Not Covered: The following circumstances are not covered by this warranty and the cost of repair or replacement under these excluded circumstances shall be borne by the customer:
- Defects caused by the failure to properly install the Company’s products according to construction industry standards and applicable state, local and other building codes.
- Defects caused by the failure to exercise proper care in the storage and use of the Company’s products [note: customers should rotate inventory to minimize exposure].
- Use of the products in an exterior environment [note: the Company’s wood and forged iron stair products are for interior use only].
- Defects caused by construction traffic after or during installation.
- Cosmetic damage including scratches, dents, chips, and other damage to product finishes occurring during shipping.
- Discoloration, rust, or oxidation of iron product surfaces resulting from the customer exposing the products to caustic or corrosive environments.
- Delamination, checking, warpage and raised grain of the products resulting from the customer exposing the products to extreme humidity, moisture, or temperatures.
- Pick-up or delivery of products.
- Travel or transportation expenses.
- Removal or reinstallation of built-in fixtures (i.e., trim, decorative panels, flooring, cabinetry) that interfere with the repair or replacement of the product.
- Defects due to damage from accident, misuse, abuse, fire, floods, or acts of God.
How To Get Service: Contact the Company by phone 205.345.5188 or by written notice delivered to 2211 Greensboro Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401. A Company representative will contact you and take any necessary action to correct problems covered by this warranty.
Legal Rights: This warranty gives the customer specific legal rights and each customer may also have other legal rights which vary from state to state.